Recipe Review: Chicken Capri Pasta
I found this recipe a while back when Kraft came out with their Philadelphia Cooking Crème. Have you used that stuff? It’s great.
What You Need
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- ½ cup halved red pepper strips
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tub (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
- 2 cups hot cooked angel hair pasta
- ¼ cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- COOK and stir chicken and peppers in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 to 7 min. or until chicken is done. Stir in broccoli; cook 2 to 3 min. or until heated through.
- ADD cooking creme; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until heated through.
- SERVE over pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan.
I used a bit more red bell pepper just because I wanted to use up the bell pepper and not leave part of it in the fridge. We also used regular spaghetti noodles instead of angel hair pasta. I found that it took more than 2-3 minutes to get the broccoli cooked to the degree that we like it (I don’t like it still super-firm). Next time I might toss it into the noodle water and let it boil for a few minutes and then toss it with the dish. The dish came together in a flash and was really tasty. Serve with a simple green salad and a slice of chilled watermelon and you’ve got yourself a quick summer dinner that everyone should love.
* sidenote: Kraft in no way sponsored this post. Although that’d be cool. Also the photo above is from the Kraft Recipes website. My photog skills are definitely not that good. In my dreams!
I liked up to this party: