Serves 8 (1/2 cup servings)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 16oz. unsweetened frozen peach slices
- Fresh peach slices (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine water, sugar, lemon juice, and ginger. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat; add frozen peaches. Let stand about 30 minutes or until peaches are thawed and mixture has cooled.
- Add peach mixture, half at a time, to a blender container. Cover and blend until smooth. Transfer blended mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours. Break up mixture with a fork; spoon into dessert dishes. Top with fresh peach slices.
- I served this as 4 (1 cup) servings.
- I did not cover my dish as it froze (didn’t see the point). When I make this again, I still won’t cover it (still don’t see the point).
- I would break the mixture up once every hour. Doing so yields a more “slushy-like” consistency. Breaking it up after it had frozen for four hours into one giant slab of peach was a little difficult.
- This dish is a cinch to prepare and what’s great about it if you’re serving it for company is that you do all the prep work HOURS before your dinner party. All you have to do is scoop and serve!
I’ve linked up to these great parties: