So I’m fairly certain that this is another recipe out of either Taste of Home or Southern Living but I’m not really sure which. Honestly until I started blogging I didn’t really pay any attention to where I got my recipes from.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounce) chili beans, with liquid
- 1 can (15 ounce) kidney means, with liquid
- 1 can (15 ounce) whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Corn chips (like Fritos)
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain and set aside.
- Place the all ingredients (including cooked ground beef but NOT including ‘optional’ ingredients) in slow cooker. Stir to blend. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- This has become a staple in our household. I cook this about once a month and even if we don’t eat it for dinner that night, it freezes beautifully so we can eat it any time.
- I like to prep the ground beef the night before and then just pop it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, I’ll plop everything into the slow cooker and set it for 8 hours and then head off to work. When I come home, I’m greeted with the most delicious aroma! I’m sure it drives our dog crazy.
- This dish tastes a lot like a broth-based chili to me. It’s soooo good.
- Believe it or not – it will eventually start getting cold in the not-so-distant future (yes, even here in Texas) and this dish is great on a chilly night. For a really hearty meal, make some cornbread – slice a good chunk and place it in the bottom of your soup bowl, then ladle this soup on top and top with cheese. Delish!
I’ve linked up to these great parties:
Beyond the Picket Fence
Chef in Training
Chic on a Shoestring
Classy ClutterDays of Chalk and Chocolate
DIY Home Sweet Home
DIY Show Off
Ginger Snap Crafts
Handy Man, Crafty Woman
Happy Hour Projects
Home Stories A to Z
Homemaker on a Dime
I Gotta Create
I Heart Nap Time
Made in a Day
Making the World Cuter
Mod Vintage Life
My Girlish Whims
Not Just a Housewife
One Artsy Mama
Skip to my Lou
Under the Table and Dreaming