This is another recipe from Taste of Home. You can view it here. I fixed this with grilled cheese sandwiches the other day for my mom and hubby.
Easy Tomato Bisque
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Chopped fresh tomatoes, optional
- In a medium saucepan, sauté garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add chicken broth. Stir in tomato paste and cayenne until well blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; gradually stir in cream. (Do not boil.) Garnish with chopped tomatoes if desired.
- I thought this soup had waaaaay too much garlic and I didn’t like the spice that was added from the cayenne pepper. If I were even to attempt to make this again I would use half the garlic and take out the cayenne all together. I also didn’t add the chopped fresh tomatoes.
I’ve linked up to these great parties: