This is a recipe that I found years and years ago in a Cooking Light magazine. I’ve checked and rechecked but they apparently don’t have this recipe online (I’ve had this problem with several Cooking Light recipes from this same magazine). Nonetheless, I’m here to share their recipe with you today.
Yeild: 4 servings (serving size: about 3 tenders)
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breast tenders
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- While chicken cooks, combine lemon rind and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Pour lemon juice mixture over chicken; cover and let stand 4 minutes.
- I loved that this dish was super easy to prepare and took probably 15 minutes at the most. I made this quickly during the week and took it to work for lunch with some steamed vegis. Quick, simple, and healthy! SCORE!
- I thought this dish was too strong in the lemon for my taste so I think the next time I make it I’m going to sub the 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice for 1 Tablespoon of chicken broth. I like just a little bit of lemon flavor and I think the zest is more than enough to add that. If I try it this way, I’ll definitely let you know.
I’ve linked up to these great parties: