As I mentioned yesterday I’ve been eating this soup practically every other day and I’m gotta tell you… I’m hooked. I love a good brothy soup and this soup is just mmm mmm good. It’s ANOTHER Taste of Home recipe (you’d think I’m a rep for them or something with the consistency in which I review their recipes but I’m not… although that’d be cool).
Vegetarian White Bean Soup
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup each chopped onion, celery and carrot
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a large saucepan, sauté the zucchini, onion, celery and carrot in oil for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Top this with a little mozzarella cheese and you have a match made in heaven.
- I know some people don’t like tomatoes and if you’re one of ‘em, you should still like this soup. The flavor of the tomatoes practically disappears.
- This is a great vegetarian dish if you’re a fan of Meatless Mondays!
I’ve linked up to these great parties: