I found this recipe long, long ago in a Kraft magazine. Now, you can find it by clicking here. We love broccoli at our house so this is a definite go-to when we want something cheesy but relatively healthy.
Creamy Chicken & Pasta Bake
- 1-1/2cups multigrain rotini pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, cubed
- 1cup 2% milk shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 3 min.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 min. or until no longer pink, stirring frequently. Stir in broth; simmer 3 min. or until chicken is done. Add cream cheese; cook and stir on low heat 1 min. or until melted. Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly. Spoon into 8-inch square baking dish; cover.
- Bake 15 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 3 min. or until melted. Let stand 5 min.
- Y’all this dish is soooo delicious. It’s cheesy and creamy and guess what? Relatively healthy thanks to the multigrain rotini pasta and the broccoli. Pair this baby with a side salad and you’ve got a quick, easy and DELISH weeknight meal. YUM!
You can view all of the recipes I’ve posted by clicking here.