It’s no secret that I love me some soup. I’m especially a fan of soups that are chock-full of veggie goodness and beans and take practically zero time to prepare like this one from Taste of Home.
Serves: 10 (or so it says, I think closer to 4-5 if you’re serving this as the main course)
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni the recipe calls for this, but I don’t include it (see the ‘thoughts’ section for more info)
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Just before serving, stir in macaroni and heat through. Serve with cheese.
- This soup is delicious. I especially love it topped with parmesan cheese.
- I prefer this soup without the noodles because they have a tendency to get soggy and smushy. I’m not a fan of either so I just leave the noodles out.
- To speed things up, I chop my tomatoes, carrots and celery in the food processor.
You can view all of the recipes I’ve posted by clicking here.