I think I’ve mentioned before that I stink at making Chinese food. Sometimes, however, I stumble across a recipe that does most of the work for me, like this one.
Orange-Chicken Rice Bowl
- 1lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- ¼ cup Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- ¼ cup chopped salted peanuts
- Heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 5 to 7 min. or until done.
- Stir in dressing and juice. Bring to boil. Add vegetables; cook 5 to 7 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice; top with nuts.
- The flavor of this dish is great, but I prefer mine with more sauce so I think next time I’ll double the sauce contents (the dressing and orange juice).
- I’m not an enormously huge fan of broccoli in my Chinese food and most frozen stir-fry mixes are at least 50% broccoli. I think next time I’ll use half a bag of stir-fry mix and half a bag of frozen bell peppers and onions.
- This is definitely a quick and easy weeknight meal.
You can view all of the recipes I’ve posted by clicking here.