So I whipped up a batch of these the other day for no particular reason and they were a huge hit. My husband, who really isn’t much of a sweets person, ate three of these in one sitting. This recipe is from Taste of Home.
Glazed Apple Streusel Muffins
Serves: Makes 6 muffins
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) apple cinnamon muffin mix
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Prepare muffin mix according to package directions; fold in apple. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm.
- Everyone who ate these muffins said the same thing – the center is so moist! People raved.
- I used a nonstick muffin pan and did not grease the cups or use paper liners.
You can view all of the recipes I’ve posted by clicking here.