I’m not normally a nut person or really a granola person for that matter. However, in an attempt to start eating healthier I’ve been trying to add nuts to my diet and remove many kinds of grains. I came across this recipe via Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (no shell)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup raisins (or your favorite dried fruit) (I used the raisins)
- Click here
- This dish is delicious! The sea salt is essential so make sure you don’t leave that part out (I probably used closer to a ½ teaspoon though). My husband liked this dish so much that he’s actually hiding it from me somewhere in our house.
- While the directions call for placing several kinds of your nuts in the food processor at once, I found that since almonds are harder than cashews, for example, they ended up not chopping up while the cashews were in itty bitty pieces. The next time I make this (and there WILL be a next time) I’ll chop each type of nut individually.
- This dish is so filling. I didn’t realize such a small amount (less than a cup I’d say) could make me so full. I was full for hours afterwards.
- I served this with vanilla almond milk and I thought the vanilla almond milk made it too sweet. Next time, I’m going to try it with plain almond milk instead.
- This is crazy easy to make and really requires no skill as long as you own a food processor.
- My huge thanks to Paleo Cupboard for sharing this recipe!
You can view all of the recipes I’ve posted by clicking here.
Remember, today is the 14th so it’s your day to practice a Random Act of Kindness in honor of Sandy Hook Elementary. I’d love to hear what you do! Please feel free to leave comments! I will be posting my RAOK on the 16th. See you then!