Serves: Makes 2 cups – in my family this only serves 2 people if you’re serving something else with it. If this were the entire meal, then there’s only enough for one person.
- 4 green jalapeno peppers
- ½ cup carrots, peeled and chopped (roughly 2 carrots)
- ½ cup onion, peeled and chopped (roughly 1 small onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- ¼ cup flour
- 2-½ cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped and peeled
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- Click here
- My husband and I were a tad disappointed with this soup because we really didn’t get much flavor out of it. We could taste the cream and we could taste the butter but there was little to no flavor of vegetables coming through. I did not include the chopped tomatoes or mushrooms because my tomatoes had gone bad and my husband avoids mushrooms like the plague. I think this soup has a lot of potential so I plan to try again and tweak the recipe a bit. Here’s how:
- Double the jalapenos
- I used matchstick carrots and I don’t think they cooked enough… I didn’t get this wonderful golden color that Chocolate Moosey got. Next time, I think I’ll use pre-steamed carrots. Also, ½ cup carrots is no where near equivalent to 2 carrots where I come from – I used a ½ cup, next time I’ll try 2 whole (same goes for the onion btw).
- Switch the whipping cream (I used light, not heavy) out for milk
You can view all of the recipes I’ve posted by clicking here.