So I found this recipe on Pinterest several months ago and the other day I had a coupon for OreIda potatoes and I thought BINGO! I totally know what I’m making with those suckers! So I tried this baby out.
I found this recipe here.
Easy Crockpot Potato Soup
Serves – not listed
- 30oz bag frozen, shredded hashbrowns
- 3 – 14oz cans chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 package cream cheese (don’t use fat free – it won’t melt!)
- Go here.
- Are you ever surprised that you do/don’t like a recipe that you made? I don’t know why I am. I mean, let’s face it, at this point I know what foods I do/don’t like so if I’m making something, say, featuring mustard (which I hate) wouldn’t it stand to reason that I probably won’t like the dish? Makes sense to me. I’m not really sure why that didn’t occur to me here except I suddenly realized ‘hey! I have a serious loathing for cream of chicken soup and it’s a starring ingredient in this recipe!’ What can I say? Somedays I’m not the brightest bulb in the box. Anyway, if you can’t figure out where I’m headed with this let me spell it out for you… this soup tastes like cream of chicken soup with some potatoes thrown in. Definitely not my style. Or my husbands really (even though he likes cream of chicken soup). Neither of us particularly liked this dish.
- IF you like cream of chicken soup then what I’ll tell you is that this dish is super quick and easy (both a win-win in my book). So, if you’re a fan of the ingredients then I say try it out.
Have you tried any new recipes lately?